GREAT LIMBER PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday, 10th January 2024 at 7pm in the Village Hall.
Present: Cllrs S. Hudson (Chairman); B. Moor, C. Read, J Hoyle.
In attendance: District Cllrs O. Bierley & A. Lawrence; County Cllr T. Smith; the Clerk.
1. Co-option of councillor: No interest.
2. Apologies for absence and reasons given: S. Christmas, S. Bedford, T Robinson. Accepted.
3. To receive declarations of interest in accordance with the Localism Act 2011: None
4. To approve the Minutes of the last meeting held on 1st November 2023: The minutes were signed as a true record.
5. Chairman & Council's comments: The chairman gave council an update on local affairs particularly with regard to transport and asked for further assistance from district and county councillors re Stagecoach providing a local bus service. Cllr Smith said devolution should aid transport planning and will look at arranging a further meeting to include Edward Leigh MP. Cllr Read informed that in the interim, Smith’s charity will assist with taxi fares for medical appointments.
6. Clerk's Report on matters outstanding: Police stats have been circulated.
7. LCC Report: Cllr Smith will chase request for one way system on Church Lane.
8. WLDC Report: Cllr Bierley's report was circulated prior to the meeting. Eight week consultation underway on draft devolution proposal. Green bin charge increased to £44 this year.
9. Finance: Accounts for payment: Resolved to pay: H Pitman £737.99; D. Beer £100. Chairman to arrange for new signatories to be added to the account ie Cllr Moor, Hoyle and Christmas and to remove Cllrs Hunton and Robinson from mandate. Precept upon the Charging Authority form signed. The clerk advised that precept of £11,000 is a 3.58% increase and equates to an increase of £4.61 per annum in council tax on Band D properties.
10. Planning: To comment on any applications received: None.
11. Update on highways issues: Cllr Smith can arrange a visit from highways to discuss any problems that exist. St Peter’s Close gulley still floods when heavy rain despite recent attempts to clear.
12. Update on community orchard project: The clerk confirmed the grant application has been successful. Papers had been circulated prior to meeting to update on project. Council approved Front Row Fencing to install fence. Planting of trees to take place early March and make into a village event. Licence for land has been agreed and signed by both parties.
13. To further discuss maintenance of the pond: Defer to May meeting as removal of algae needs to be done in the spring after annual maintenance has been carried out agenda
14. To discuss relocation of the millennium seat: Council agreed to relocate millennium bench to the orchard. A new one to replace will be paid for by village collection for bench in remembrance of Neil Brown.
The meeting closed at 7.53pm