GREAT LIMBER PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday, 2nd March 2022 at 7pm in the Village Hall.
Present: Cllrs S. Hudson (Chairman); S. Howdin, B. Moor, J. Hoyle, T. Robinson, C. Read, S. Bedford.
In attendance: District Cllrs O. Bierley & A. Lawrence; the Clerk.
1.Apologies for absence and reasons given: Cllr N. Hunton. Apologies accepted.
2. To receive declarations of interest in accordance with the Localism Act 2011: None
3. To approve the Minutes of the last meetings held on 5th January 2022: The minutes were signed as a true record.
4. Chairman & Council's comments: The chairman confirmed that the dates of meetings for 2022 had been circulated and that grass cutting and maintenance of the pond were due to start in March. The clerk to confirm with contractors.
5. Clerk's Report on matters outstanding: The clerk informed council that the repair to the collapsed drain had been overlooked and the senior highways manager was supposed to be chasing. Council confirmed this was still outstanding and causing issues with flooding. To be referred back to highways.
6. LCC Report: Cllr T Smith not in attendance.
7. WLDC Report: Cllr Bierley's report was circulated prior to the meeting. The draft submission of Review of Central Lincs Local Plan has been accepted and a further 8 weeks consultation has begun; a Visitor Economy strategy is being produced for adoption later this year. The new bin schedule was discussed, with councillors raising concerns and the potential for increased fly tipping.
8. Finance: to approve accounts: Accounts for payment: Resolved to pay: H Pitman £565.16; LALC £80.08. The clerk confirmed that the balance in the account as at 31st Jan 2022 was £8289.11.
9. Planning: To comment on any applications received: None.
10. To resolve on installation of the interpretation boards for the local history project: The chairman confirmed that a West Lindsey grant of £2240 has been approved. Two quotes have been received for installation. Cllr Hoyle gave his view on using the accredited contractor. Council resolved to appoint Foxhall Construction at a cost of £600 but no permit application. The panels to be ordered with a 50% deposit due.
11. To discuss village litter pick: Cllr Hoyle to arrange for Saturday, 9th April from 10am to 12 noon.
12. To discuss the parish’s involvement in the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Beacons event: The chairman had passed details of the grant funding and event planning to the village hall committee but council has not been made aware of any plans for a village event.
Great Limber has been selected to take part in the Queen’s Green Canopy initiative. Council agreed to plant a white hornbeam supplied by West Lindsey District Council at the event to be held on Friday, 11th March at 1pm. It was agreed that the tree be planted to replace one that had died at the gated entrance into the village hall car park.
The meeting closed at 7.56pm