GREAT LIMBER PARISH COUNCIL
Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday, 5th January 2022 at 7pm in the Village Hall.
Present: Cllrs S. Hudson (Chairman); S. Howdin, B. Moor, J. Hoyle.
In attendance: District Cllrs O. Bierley & A. Lawrence; County Cllr T. Smith; the Clerk.
1. Apologies for absence and reasons given: Cllrs T. Robinson and N. Hunton. Apologies accepted.
2. To receive declarations of interest in accordance with the Localism Act 2011: None
3. To approve the Minutes of the last meetings held on 3rd November 2021: The minutes were signed as a true record.
4. Chairman & Council's comments: The chairman confirmed that the grass contract has been set up with AJ Williams for 2022 and that one of the new 30mph signs on A18 is still waiting to be lit. LCC aware.
5. Clerk's Report on matters outstanding: The clerk informed council that cleaning of the gulleys as reported at the last meeting has been added to LCC’s cleaning schedule; work was scheduled to repair the collapsed drain in September but this has still not been done; no response re overgrown footpath on long section between school crossroads at east end of village and next crossroads on Caistor Road reported on 4th November. Cllr Smith to chase.
6. LCC Report: Cllr T Smith reported that LCC is lobbying central government for funding lost to repair roads and asked for council’s support in this. He has been assisting the clerk re permission for boards but so far no assistance has been given from highways. To continue chasing by both the clerk and Cllr Smith.
7. WLDC Report: Cllr Bierley's report was circulated prior to the meeting. Not a lot further to add apart from the Omicron Covid business grant now available; new depot at Caenby Corner now operational; approval of submission draft of Review of Central Lincs Local Plan expected in Feb 2022.
8. Finance: to approve accounts:
Accounts for payment: Resolved to pay: H Pitman £552.11; D. Beer £100.
9. Planning: To comment on any applications received: None.
10. Update on the local history project: Covered earlier in item 6.
11. Update on requests made to LCC regarding weed/grass control and cleaning of gulleys: Covered earlier in clerk’s report.
12. To discuss the parish’s involvement in the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Beacons event: As the parish council has no capacity or funds for this event it was agreed that the village hall committee be approached to see whether they would like to organise a community event. WLDC has grant funding and officer assistance for this and the parish council is willing to support with a grant if taken forward. To discuss further at next meeting if the village hall committee has plans to hold an event.
The meeting closed at 7.59pm