January 2023


Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday, 11th January 2023 at 7pm in the Village Hall.

Present: Cllrs S. Hudson (Chairman); S. Howdin, B. Moor, J Hoyle, C. Read.

In attendance: District Cllrs A. Lawrence & O. Bierley; County Cllr T. Smith; the Clerk.


1.  Co-option of Councillor: Interest had been shown but the resident was not in attendance.

2 Apologies for absence and reasons given: Cllrs T. Robinson and S. Bedford (work). 

3. To receive declarations of interest in accordance with the Localism Act 2011: None 

4. To approve the Minutes of the last meeting held on 2nd November 2022: The minutes were signed as a true record. 

5. Chairman & Council's comments: Chairman informed council that footpath clearance has been undertaken and a very good job it is too. No further progress has been made re tidying at Little Brocklesby House Nursing Home. Clerk asked to write. 

6.  Clerk's Report on matters outstanding: Nothing to report. 

7. LCC Report: Cllr Smith gave update on highways matters. A18 and St Peters Close flooding still not repaired as requested. Cllr Smith to also raise resurfacing of footpath between Swallow cross roads and the B road. 

8. WLDC Report: Cllr Bierley's report was circulated prior to the meeting. Central Lincs Joint Plan report expected.

9. Finance: to approve accounts:

Resolved to pay: H Pitman £668.71; AJ Williams £2244; D. Beer £100. Precept upon the Charging Authority duly signed

10. Planning: to discuss any applications received: None.                                                          

11. Update on highways issues: Covered in item 7.

12. To discuss need to update the Neighbourhood Plan: The only outstanding objective in the Neighbourhood Plan is new development in the village. A meeting between councillors and Brocklesby Estate had taken place to discuss release of land for small scale residential and small workshops. Cllr Reed agreed to look at potential development opportunities ie infill sites/barn conversions. Agenda again later in year.

13. To discuss need for a Conservation Area review:  Cllr Hoyle of the opinion that a review is not necessary. However, clerk asked to invite Sally Grindrod-Smith, Director of Planning, to the next meeting.  Cllr Hoyle agreed to take photos of telephone box and New Inn and upload onto Heritage England listed building site.

14. To discuss & resolve on article for inclusion on LoveLincsWolds website: Council resolved to accept. 

            The meeting closed at 7.54pm